Hey guys! I want to share with you 5 ways to live a more positive life. It’s extremely easy to get down when things aren’t going your way. It can also be really hard to find happiness and come out of that slump when you don’t have anything to motivate you to do that. Today I want to share some tips that have helped me stay positive when I was in a slump.
1. Do something that you absolutely love! Whether it is watching your favorite show, drinking coffee (like me), working out, or whatever makes you happy. It might be coming out of your comfort zone and doing something you have always wanted to do; however, whatever it may be, just do it. You want to continuously have something to look forward to so that you can keep those positive vibes throughout the day.
2. Spread love and encouragement everywhere you go. Even if you are having the crappiest day ever, make it a point to spread those positive vibes. This can be through complimenting someone, holding the door open for them, or just simply smiling at people as you walk by them. I never noticed this, but when I am happy, I realize more people around me act that way as well. Also, you never know how much of an impact you could have on someone’s day by simply spreading some kindness.
3. Take some time to reflect on all that you are given. I know this tip seems very simple, but when you get overwhelmed and feel like nothing is working out, think about everything you have been given and all you are grateful for. The way I do this is through walking. Walking gives me the chance to reflect on my life and enjoy the beauty that God created. Many times we have this mindset that we are entitled to much more than what we are given and that is the time when we have to sit back and realize that this life we are given is a privilege and God can take it away at any moment. Also, God knows what we need and when we need it; therefore, he will provide for us in his time, like always.
4. Surround yourself with people that make you happy. More than likely if you are always around negative people, then you are more likely to have a negative attitude. Make sure that the people around you are encouraging and make you feel good about yourself. There is nothing worse than having someone degrade you or your ability to do something.
5. Download either a devotional app or an inspirational app with daily quotes. I downloaded “Inspirations” which are bible verses that pop up on my phone once a day. They are great reminders to stay humble and inspire me to apply them to my own life.
I hope that you will try some of these tips and that they will work for you as they have for me. Sometimes it can be very hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but just know that only you can make it better and that there is always a reason to be positive. I hope that these tips were helpful and if you have any questions or comments, feel free to message me any time!
Love yourself. It is important to stay positive because beauty comes from the inside out. -Jenn Proske